Grace Beyond History
In February 2014, the elders voted unanimously to follow God’s leading in moving forward with Grace Beyond. In October 2014, the congregation affirmed that God was leading us to build the Grace Beyond master plan. In spring 2015, the congregation prayerfully considered giving to Grace Beyond and turned in three-year pledge cards.
Because of the pledge totals given by the congregation to Grace Beyond in spring 2015, the elders decided to divide the master plan into phases:
- Phase One includes the interior of the prayer garden, the students space and adjoining corridors.
- Phase Two includes the renovated Sanctuary, east-west corridor, new main entrances into the church, and a portion of the new children’s ministry space.
- Phase Three includes the new fellowship space, the major portion of the children’s ministry space, the prayer garden exterior, the new pastoral care ministry area, redesigned parking lot, renovated office spaces, and all related corridors and renovated entrances.
- The project cost for Phase One of Grace Beyond is $2.5 million.
- The elders authorized moving forward with Phase One in April 2015 and construction began in August 2015. Because of the congregation’s giving, there is enough cash to pay for the entire first phase.
- Due to the architectural design of the project, Phase Two must be constructed next in order to complete the entire Grace Beyond master plan.
- Based on God’s provision, the current pledge and giving total is nearly $17 million. In September 2015, the elders voted to proceed with Phase Two.
- Calvary will be moving to Calvin College during construction beginning in April 2016 (exact date TBD) for approximately eight months.
- The elders are praying about whether God is directing them to move forward with Phase Three in conjunction with Phase Two. This would save money and provide us with all the facility space needed by our ministries.
- The elders expect to make a decision on the scope of the construction project to commence in April 2016 by January 2016.
As we move forward, we need everyone to fulfill their pledge to Grace Beyond. Prayerfully consider your year-end giving and current pledges to Grace Beyond. The elders are also asking that if any members of the congregation have not yet prayed for direction from God about their participation in Grace Beyond, they commit to do that at this time. Working together, we can continue to build momentum toward finishing the work God has led our church to undertake.