There will be times throughout the Grace Beyond building project when we are displaced from our building. The most significant displacement will take place during the first six months of the project, though some ministries will be affected longer. At the Town Hall Meeting on January 18, our Pastoral Staff updated the congregation about ministry plans during this time of displacement. Below is a summary of what was shared.
- We have an agreement in principle to hold Sunday morning worship at Calvin College’s Spoelhof Fieldhouse Complex while we are displaced from the Sanctuary.
- At this time we have not determined how many services we will have each Sunday, though there will not be three services.
- Wednesday night programming will vary by ministry.
- Sunday night service on hiatus (June 2015 – January 2016).
- Praise band, orchestra and choir will remain an important element of our worship services
- Festival of Lights on hiatus for 2015
- Task force in development to address Adult Sunday Class needs during construction
- Monday Night Bible Study options are in discussion
- Continue to providing support for community groups
- Gathering Place Study not meeting next year
- Neighborhood & Workplace Bible Studies will be introduced for Fall 2015
- Several larger events during the construction process will help women connect and be encouraged
- Few changes for Young Adult ministry during construction
- Opportunities to serve during the process
- UNITED (High School Ministry) will continue to meet Sunday nights; the time and location is not finalized
- Middle School Ministry prayerfully evaluating opportunities
- Commitment to biblical teaching and student growth continues
- Summer CSI Science Camp on hiatus for 2015
- Other programming plans (Sunday mornings & Wednesday nights) still in discussion
- Commitment to guide children to trust and follow Christ remains unchanged
- Calvary’s commitment to outreach is unchanged
- Missions initiatives will continue
- OASIS Wednesday Morning Bible Study will meet here during construction
- Other activities continue to be finalized
- Will continue to minister in the Yellow House during construction
- Arrangements have been made with other facilities for weddings and funerals
- Children who participate in Calvary Kids will continue with inclusion
- Details of self-contained classrooms are still in discussion
- Details for Go Getters (adults) are also still being decided